Super Bowl inspires railroad museum wagers.
Governors, mayors, chefs and others seem compelled (or pressured) to bet something iconic from their regions every Super Bowl. Here’s a new twist — railroad museums. The North Carolina Transportation Museum has laid down a “Turntable Challenge” to the Colorado Railroad Museum for the big game between the Carolina Panthers and the Denver Broncos. Each museum is confident that its team will be dominant and has promised the following concessions, should its team lose. And this, of course, will be posted on Facebook Twitter and Instagram.
- North Carolina Pit cooked pork BBQ
- Red Oak Brewery Beer, a popular North Carolina brewed old- style lager
- Krispy Kreme glazed donuts, which were born in Winston-Salem
- Cheerwine, a beloved and locally made soft drink created in Salisbury and still based there
- Video of one of their engines on the turntable with Denver Broncos flags flying and a performed by staff version of the Denver Broncos fight song.
- Colorado Native beer, made by AC Golden, (all ingredients are from Colorado, and the beer is only available in Colorado).
- Rocky Mountain Oysters and chile sauce, prepared by The Fort. It is one of their popular signature and very Colorado menu items.
- Video of one of their engines on the turntable with North Carolina Panthers flags flying and a performed by staff version of the Panthers fight song. They will also fly the Panther flags on their Galloping Goose through the month of February.